- Alex Wroblewski, Sun-Times
• Attendance was up at the Taste of Chicago
this year, but nobody knows if it made any money, reports the Sun-Times
• Fox & Obel was shut down for health code violations, DNAinfo reported, then reopened, according to the Trib.
• Newcity travels to central Illinois, where former Tori Shin izakaya owner Tony Koneko has opened a restaurant that caters to Japanese employees of the Nippon Sharyo rail car plant.
• LTHForum is relaunching with a new site on Monday.
• Gapers Block has a report from the annual Institute of Food Technologists Expo.
• You can now call for your own ice cream truck on Uber.
• SheSimmers has been making Thai food in Lyon, France, including stir-fried vegetables with lardons, duck breast in red curry sauce, and rabbit massaman curry.