- Los Angeles: some people just hate it there.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• Joe Nocera's fantasy picks for Obama's second cabinet? (Successor for Hillary Clinton? Bill Clinton. New defense secretary? David Petraeus.) —Steve Bogira
• About kids and medical marijuana? —Jerome Ludwig
• That China's People's Daily and the Korea Times praised an American newspaper's proclamation that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is the "sexiest man alive"? The paper in question? The Onion. —Tal Rosenberg
• That Tracy Letts tried to remain faithful to Tracy Letts? —Tony Adler
• This epic tribute to the late Tony Scott, written exquisite corpse-style by ten different film critics? —Ben Sachs
• The various reasons why LA sucks? (True story: I once locked eyes with Jeff Goldblum at the reviled Cafe Gratitude this one time.) —Asher Klein
• Why Northwestern's 9-3 football season still feels like a bit of a letdown? —Mick Dumke