- Gage Skidmore
- Ladies and gentlemen: The least interesting person of 2012!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• GQ naming Mitt Romney the "least influential" person of 2012? —Sam Worley
• An unusual perspective from a surprising source? —Tony Adler
• That Thanksgiving was the 25th anniversary of the infamous "Max Headroom Incident," perhaps the best-known case of TV pirating, which took place here in Chicago? (This article includes the incredibly creepy footage. This article also includes use of the phrase "marital aid.") —Luca Cimarusti
• That there are at least two kinds of navels, scientists tell us? (They're talking about bacteria collected there, not innies and outies. The differences are mystifying.) —Michael Miner
• How to read like a hipster? (You probably haven't, it's pretty obscure.) —Asher Klein
• Leela Punyaratabandhu on the vast and mysterious world of Thai relishes—and why Thais don't use chopsticks? Mike Sula
• This conversation about the short-lived explosion of music blogs mining the vast recesses of obscure music? —Peter Margasak