by Mike Sula
• A developer with a sadistic definition of "interesting" wants to attract more chains to Lakeview, reports DNAinfo.
• Neil Steinberg pens the obit for his perennial column subject Harry Heftman of Harry's Hot Dogs.
• Chicagoist talks with the owners of Honey Butter Fried Chicken on their quest to find a space.
• The indomitable Mark Smrecek smokes kimchi at From Belly To Bacon.
• Lottie + Doof makes strange-flavor eggplant.
• The Local Beet has the goods on how to apply for a Wisconsin cheesemaking scholarship.