- Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
- David Mamet: who knows what he's talking about?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Obama's presidency may be more transformative than it seems? (" Perhaps this is what the New Deal felt like . . . liberals were constantly frustrated with [Franklin] Roosevelt in precisely the same ways today’s liberals wish more from Obama.") —Steve Bogira
• About why the mother of one of the Newtown victims insisted her son have an open coffin? —Mara Shalhoup
• About the 68-page list of words not allowed on Washington, D.C., vanity license plates? —John Dunlevy
• David Mamet on gun control, Marxism, and—well, it's kind of hard to tell? —Tony Adler
• C.J. Toledano's post on the Steamroller about the ten best up-and-coming comedians in Chicago? —Drew Hunt
• What happened when two guys married a tree and a museum got in on the act? —Deanna Isaacs
• That laid-off Groupon copywriters are apparently now targeting the dairy case? —Kate Schmidt
• NBA rookie Royce White's unusual and interesting take on mental illness? —Tal Rosenberg