- AP Photo/Gerald Herbert
- Come on, you wish he came to Chicago.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the New York City police commissioner was accused in court of setting out to "instill fear" in black and Latino men through the stop-and-frisk policy? —Mick Dumke
• About word aversion? —John Dunlevy
• About the tiff over the obit for Yvonne Brill, the maker of a mean beef Stroganoff who also was a rocket scientist? Er, the rocket scientist who also made a mean beef Stroganoff? —Steve Bogira
That Rogue has released a beer brewed with beard yeast—and it's not an April Fools' Day joke? —Julia Thiel
• The latest Dick Tracy storyline, which concerns a bad guy called the Jumbler, who uses the Jumbler Crossword comics-page game to drop coded hints of what his next crime will be? (It comes just as the Tribune is introducing a new feature: the Jumbler Crossword.) —Tony Adler
• That on her upcoming record, still untitled, Neko Case is going deep? (As in submarine sounds and Moby-Dick.) —Kate Schmidt
• About why LeBron James is so good at basketball and how he keeps improving? —Tal Rosenberg