• The Butcher & Larder's Rob Levitt
guest posts about what to do with a ham
, at Ruhlman.com.
• Crain's chats with Alec Mikhaylov of the great Alef Sausage Co., makers of 45 different kinds of Russian sausage.
• LTHForum poster Habibi lays down the Law of Hummus.
• Nightwood's Jason Vincent is dubbed one of Food & Wine's best new chefs for 2013, reports Grubstreet.
• The Local Beet filed its 2013 CSA Guide.
• Steve Dolinsky blitzed across Japan and Korea last week and filed several reports.
• Chicagoist has the goods on the return of Zina Murray and Logan Square Kitchen's food business licensing consultancy.
• Tom Hogan of Bernard's Bar in the Waldorf Astoria mixes up the scotchy Foreigner at Chicago Cocktail Chronicles.
The latest mesmerizing Alinea video from Christian Seel, below the jump.