* John Kass discusses the mythology of Obama and Fred Thompson, with a weird, fascinating aside on a period when Chicago drinkers fetishized Coors beer.
* Obama's general counsel: if Scooter Libby gets pardoned, that would be just super.
* The Sun-Times has the skeleton of a good profile about Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, who happens to be Danny Solis's sister. The Tribune's profile has lots of boilerplate quotes but omits all the interesting personal tidbits.
* Chicago's priciest things, places, and people
* Question: Why does the Sun-Times's Web site bury its columnists? Not to mention its staff editorials.