* What will become of the old Joliet Correctional Center?
* Suburban Chicago News has a great photo gallery of Joliet and Stateville.
* Will legal scholarship head for the blogs? The faculty services librarian at the University of Chicago law school thinks so.
* The Chicago Historical Society has an online exhibit on the Lincoln assassination artifacts and the weird Libby Prison War Museum, a confederate POW camp that was reconstructed in Chicago.
* "Back in the 1970s there was an off-beat theory going around that the high-heeled platform shoes for men that were all the rage back then were actually a police plot. The shoes made runaway bad guys easier to catch."
* The Chicago Syndicate: mobblogging.
* Geoffrey Stone on the Alberto Gonzales legacy.