Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
* Is Riccardo Muti going to be the CSO's new conductor? See below for Muti with Charlie Rose.
* Will Okun, the Chicago school teacher who traveled with the New York Times's Nick Kristof to Africa this summer, has a Web site full of great photography. He's also got an editorial in the NYT about the state's mandated moment of silence in school.
* Matt Dillon is in line to play Leonard Chess--aka Lezjor Czyz--in a bioflick about the Chess Records founder, to be shot in Chicago and New Jersey. Quoth Richard Stamz: "[Chess] didn't respect nobody but Leonard Chess. Could look at a nail and tell what he could sell it for."
* Chicago Public Radio looks at the experimental writing showcase Series A.
* Joan Lefkow is publishing a book of her mother's poetry.
* Here's Muti (and Seiji Ozawa).