Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
Last week I got a package in the mail from local pop band/comedy act Let's Get Out of This Terrible Sandwich Shop. Inside was a copy of a "press release outtake" that I have reproduced below. It was handwritten--sloppily--so this is my best attempt at computer-styling it. [Sic]s abound, etc.
SANDWICH SHOP DECLARES A MORATORIUM ON THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS COMPARISONS
Chicago, IL -- LGOOTTSS, Chicago's #1 premiere band-with-people has declared a moratorium on comparisons to They Might Be Giants.
They do not listen to that band. Only one member has owned any of their albums. Thea has a cassette copy of Flood which has never been heard in the SS van.
They Might Be Giants is a good band + LGOOTTSS is not. So quit comparing us to them.
Here is a a list of more accurate descriptions
- Run-DMC w/girls, an owl + a cat
- Pavement bought a Farfisa + a cat + an owl
- The Shagg's dad died/Deerhoof on xanax
- The B52s cover Rodd Keith w/o an ascot
- Keith Moon joined the Vaselines so he could do stand-up betwn songs
- What if the Talking Heads met on a rainbow?
- Belly took some improv classes
- Paul Shaffer conducts the Banana Splits/Sour Grapes showdown
- Yo La Tengo w/a smaller record collection
- Ernie Kovacs discovers Sleater Kinney
- They Might Be Giants