Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
* Hookah lounges are at the center of a legal debate over culture and entertainment in Schaumburg.
* Home sales are up, surprisingly, but not in Chicago.
* If you're going to rob a store, don't leave your cell number and expect a call when the safe is open.
* Hyde Park is in a tizzy over four proposed parking spots.
* Flint Creek Wildlife Preservation and the Audubon Society look for injured birds while the city sleeps.
* How do you build a community in a condo?
* Lifebook helps foster children keep a sense of continuity about their personal histories.
* Vincent L. Gillon, 1954-2008, a homeless heroin addict turned social-services agency director.