Over at my new favorite blog, McGuinn's Folk Den, Roger McGuinn of the Byrds plays the Scots-Irish love song "I Know Where I'm Going"; the post includes not just an mp3 but the song sheet from the Old Town School of Folk Music (upcoming events), where McGuinn learned the song in 1957.
Other music FYIs:
* Andrew Bird and the Occidental Bros. Dance Band International, Peter Margasak's pick for best local world music band, play a free show tomorrow in Millennium Park
* The Hypocrites' first musical, Weill-Brecht's Threepenny Opera, opens tonight at the Steppenwolf Garage Theatre
* Sam Phillips, a favorite of my fiancee, plays the aforementioned Old Town School this weekend
* Other personally culled events can be found here. I don't know that much about any of the arts, but I do have to read virtually all of our listings every week.
* See also: my favorite coffee shop. It's everything good about a college coffee shop but none of the things that suck (like running out of coffee; I did time at the coffee shop on the second floor of the Reynolds Club at the U of C, and vividly remember coming up with vague and unsuitable explanations for why we, a coffee shop, could not provide coffee).