Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
Big shitpile roundup:
* PI also notes that the price of salt is twice what it was last year, an unpleasant thought given the effect of the past rough winter on the city budget.
* "The US government's $700 billion financial rescue effort is only a few weeks old – but it's already morphed into something far broader and more ambitious than its designers originally intended."
* Personal spending is way down and this holiday season is going to get ugly.
* The Washington Post speaks to Young Rae Cho, a South Korean immigrant who runs a popular Milwaukee hip-hopclothing store.
* Other greater midwest news: Cleveland is getting hit very hard.
* The one bit of good news in all this is that Alan Greenspan is a lot less Randian than he used to be.