Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
* 57th Street Books hosts a launch party for Sara Paretsky's latest V.I. Warshawski novel, Hardball. "Now Warshawski's starring in her 13th mystery, and both she and her maker are at the top of their form," writes Kathie Bergquist.
* Kathy Griffin signs her memoir at Borders on Michigan.
* The veteran literary journalist Tracy Kidder presents his latest, Strength in What Remains: A Journey of Remembrance and Forgiveness (a benefit, $10).
Yet more after the jump....
* Patrick Somerville reads from his latest novel, The Cradle, at Harold Washington Library. "Somerville displays an effortless command over his fiction, letting secrets reveal themselves rather than dropping them in like surprise gimmicks," writes Patrick Daily.
* Stop Smiling publisher J.C. Gabel speaks at Columbia College as part of the career-centric Big Fish series.
* Madeline Albright discusses her new memoir at Swissotel (this one's not free).