Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
• Mike Sula rounds up his favorite books for cooks, from Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl to Culinary Ephemera: An Illustrated History.
• Kate Schmidt reports on Longman & Eagle's new guest quarters, a free bread delivery service, and more in Morsels.
• The highly seasonal Acre, in the old Charlie's Ale House spot, earns some praise from Mike Sula.
• Curtis Duffy of Avenues shows me how to make a dessert with Chinese black beans, then challenges Inovasi chef John des Rosiers to make a dish with geraniums—in December.
• In the listings are 11 recommended restaurants in the Loop.