Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
1. You'll be asked to register.
2. You'll be assigned a transponder.
3. You'll be allowed to express your support (or lack of same) for the plan's ten broad "priorities" by voting with your transponder (or, in case of transponder failure, with your raised hand).
4. You'll then be asked to join a smaller group discussion focused on one of four "Ps": People, Places, Policies, or Planning Culturally.
5. You'll be given a printout of recommendations specific to that discussion. No hard copies of the full draft plan are available. (Check it out here.)
6. You'll have a chance to volunteer for a role in executing the plan by filling out a "Sign-Up to Step-Up" sheet.
7. You'll be polled on how well the draft plan "articulates your vision."
The final version of this endeavor—however it turns out—will be presented as a response to public demand: "Your city, your plan" is the current tagline.
Here's the schedule for the remaining meetings (assure seats by requesting tickets at the plan website):
July 25: 6-8 PM, South Shore Cultural Center, 7059 S. South Shore Dr.
July 28: 10-12 AM, St. Augustine College-Essanay Studios, 1345 W. Argyle
July 31: 6-8 PM, Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington