Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That there's a massive hurricane looming over the northeast coast? (Also, I'm stuck in it right now—thanks, Southwest Airlines!) —Tal Rosenberg
• Paul Krugman in the NYT on Medicaid? (It faces "savage cuts" if Mitt Romney is elected, even though it "has been more successful at controlling costs than any other major part of the nation's health care system.") —Steve Bogira
• That, according to a report by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, 168 children have been killed in U.S. drone strikes on Pakistan? —Ben Sachs
• This eye-opening NYT piece on the retail industry's use of ever-more part-time workers? —Mick Dumke
• Andrew "Noz" Nosnitsky on Rap Genius's SEO manipulation tactics? —Leor Galil
• About Lena "Girls" Dunham's suggestive new ad for the Obama campaign? —Jerome Ludwig