- Bengt Oberger
- Beware these powerful socialist tools!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• A credible source on how to help with Hurricane Sandy relief? —Tony Adler
• About the state's token response to WBEZ's lawsuit for media access in Illinois prisons? —Steve Bogira
• That story in Salon about how progressives should vote for Obama because Romney isn't, um, progressive? (Yeah, kind of a no-brainer—but there's this part about the overuse of "awesome" and "amazing" that's a total repeat of what J.R. Moehringer bitched about in his September interview with Terry Gross, which aired again last night.) —Mara Shalhoup
• That reviled Russian election chief Vladimir Churov has criticized U.S. elections as undemocratic? —Ben Sachs
• That Monopoly is a socialist board game? —Jerome Ludwig
• This spooky
Halloween story Wikipedia entry about the introduction of the ghost word "dord" into Webster's dictionary in 1934? —Asher Klein
• Another spooky Wikipedia entry: this unusually well-written biography of serial killer Ted Bundy? —Tal Rosenberg