- Where have all the sumo gone?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• The Gallup poll showing that Americans living in poverty are twice as likely to be depressed? —Kate Schmidt
• Andy Borowitz on Mitt's desolation over Christie's new crush? ("Mitt was trying to explain his position on FEMA to reporters yesterday and he got all excited because his phone started vibrating. It turned out it was just Ann.") —Steve Bogira
• Carl Bernstein's analysis of Mitt Romney's "covert radicalism"? —Ben Sachs
• Eric Miller's piece at Religion Dispatches on "Barack Obama, Pro-Life Hero"? —Philip Montoro
• DeRo's continued coverage of the ever-thickening Congress Theater plot? —Kevin Warwick
• About the night a computer predicted the next president (in 1952!)? —Jerome Ludwig
• A stout fine for drinking a Guinness within 200 feet of the South Side Irish parade? —Tony Adler
• That sumo wrestling recruitment in Japan has hit a 54-year low? —Ben Sachs