- Kim Dotcom in happier times.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• The NYT's in-depth look into the last month of the presidential race? —Jennifer McLaughlin
• That the Romney campaign canceled staffers' credit cards in the middle of the night? —Jerome Ludwig
• That Madonna talked up President Obama's reelection and got boos from a Detroit concert audience? —Mick Dumke
That the state's the loser in its privatized lottery-management contract? —Deanna Isaacs
• The Wired profile of longtime Internet renegade Kim Dotcom—founder of file hoster Megaupload—who earlier this year was arrested in New Zealand for racketeering and conspiring to commit copyright infringement? —Kevin Warwick
• That before he was calling elections, Nate Silver called the Wicker Park Burrito Bracket? —Mike Sula
• That one of the owners of Denmark's Noma is championing Bolivian fine dining based on indigenous ingredients like coca and llama meat? —Kate Schmidt
• This lovely tribute to Italian illustrator Arnaldo Putzu, which features lots of drawings of a bad-ass Michael Caine? —Ben Sachs
• That Lena Dunham isn't just one of the Jewish Daily Forward's "Forward 50," but part of the 50's top five? —Tony Adler
• This outstanding oral history of the 1980s Houston Rockets, featuring the "twin towers" of Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson? —Tal Rosenberg