- Is it art? Is it crazy? Is it both?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About Glenn Beck's Andres Serrano-esque art . . . thing? —Sam Worley
• How the frozen bodies of climbers who didn't make it up Mount Everest are used as grisly landmarks? —Julia Thiel
• How an obit got onto the front page of the Sun-Times—and other adventures of Michael Ferro? —Tony Adler
• n+1's hilarious survey of the American magazine industry? (It's called "The Intellectual Situation," but don't let that turn you off.) —Sam Worley
• Neal Pollack's take on Philip Roth's retirement? —Julia Thiel
• That it's likely China will be the world's biggest film market by 2020? —Ben Sachs
• This oral history of comically self-important, possibly moronic indie-rock band Interpol? (Sample passage: "The first time they stepped in, I don't think they were all wearing suits, but Paul was wearing a suit. They were really fucking deadly serious.") —Tal Rosenberg