- Casting agents beware!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That President Obama and his allies are planning a public-opinion campaign they hope will counter the NRA? —Mick Dumke
• (Or seen, rather) this extraordinarily flamboyant outtake reel from pray-the-gay-away org Exodus International? Presumably released to demonstrate EI's sense of humor, instead demonstrates the utter futility of gay-conversion therapy. (h/t old Reader pal Asher Klein) —Sam Worley
• "The Science of Sex Abuse," by Rachel Aviv, in the New Yorker? (On locking up people indefinitely for crimes they might commit.) —Steve Bogira
• That the Sun-Times is rerunning its landmark Mirage Tavern investigation? —Tony Adler
• How Richard Ben Cramer snuck 1,500 excised words back into his famous Ted Williams profile? —Sam Worley
• About "The Murky History of Foosball"? —John Dunlevy
• What happens when you cast Lindsay Lohan in your movie? (Apparently, you end up naked a month later in a Malibu bedroom.) —Tal Rosenberg