Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• "A Day in the Life of a Digital Editor, 2013," the response from the Atlantic's Alexis C. Madrigal to freelance journalist Nate Thayer? —John Dunlevy
• That the Russian government wants to ban idioms linked to corruption? —Ben Sachs
• That punk rock is bullshit? —Tal Rosenberg
• Russell Brand on the mind of a junkie? ("The last time I thought about taking heroin was yesterday . . . ") —Kate Schmidt
• That the Bolshoi dancer known for playing the evil genius Rothbart in Swan Lake confessed to arranging for the company's artistic director to be attacked with acid? —Gwynedd Stuart
• Alec Baldwin on Shia LaBeouf's vision of the theater? —Tony Adler