- Kim Jong-un: Might have a red equal sign on his Facebook page?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the Chicago Police Department's detective ranks are dangerously thin? —Mick Dumke
• That Kim Jong-un unequivocally supports gay marriage and hopes the Supreme Court will see reason on the issue? (Or else.) —Kate Schmidt
• Chicago writer and teacher Gregory Michie's rebuttal of the Tribune's Sunday editorial on Chicago's schools? —Steve Bogira
• This, under the heading of "What Could Go Wrong"? —Tony Adler
• That Empty Bottle owner Bruce Finkelman wants to turn Pilsen's landmarked Thalia Hall into a restaurant and music venue? —Philip Montoro
• About Buzz Bissinger's shopping addiction? (When I first read this, I thought it was a parody of something, maybe a George Saunders story or Michael Lewis's story about his New Orleans mansion, but it's real. Good Lord.) —Aimee Levitt
• About how Megadeth front man and outed creationist Dave Mustaine thinks the Large Hadron Collider is a "really cool story"? —Kevin Warwick