Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Martin Scorsese is developing a TV series based on Gangs of New York? —Ben Sachs
• We could cut homicides by focusing on heavy drinkers? —Mick Dumke
• That Boston cops are catfishing DIY show promoters in an effort to crack down on illegal house shows? —Luca Cimarusti
• That two middle schoolers from Virginia are facing felony charges for allegedly poisoning their math teacher? —Drew Hunt
• Or noticed, in support of marriage equality, all the creative pink and red versions of the Human Rights Campaign logo on FB? (The HRC is impressed.) —Jennifer McLaughlin
• That the honeybee die-off got even worse in 2012—and a new class of pesticides could be to blame? —Kate Schmidt