Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About Gun Owners of America, the "upstart group" that "pushes harder than the NRA"? —Tony Adler
• That students whose schools were closed in Chicago last year either ended up in worse schools or were lost in the system? —Mick Dumke
• That there's a new national guide for ethical diners, which lists, among others, a few Chicago restaurants that are fair to workers? —Deanna Isaacs
• That screenwriter Ruth Prawer Jhabvala—A Room With a View, Howards End—passed away at 85? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That according to Deadspin's Timothy Burke, Comcast's White Sox intro video featuring Gordon Beckham and, ahem, Saliva "is one of the worst things ever on television and possibly harmful to your health"? (Sample comment on the god-awful clip: "I'm not surprised that this was such an ugly swing and a miss by the PR department. It was apparently Adam Dunn's idea.") —Kate Schmidt
• The interview with Louis C.K. in the New York Times? ("As soon as you crack your knuckles and open up a comments page, you just canceled your subscription to being a good person.") —Tal Rosenberg