- It's the most wonderful time of the year.
- Bailey Zundel/AP
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That a federal judge in New York has ordered the FDA to make the morning-after contraceptive pill available over the counter to females of all ages? —Tony Adler
• That Republican lawmakers in North Carolina have filed a resolution that would allow for the establishment of a state religion? —Philip Montoro
• That Parveen Rehman, a leading social worker and beloved advocate for the poor in Pakistan, was assassinated by unknown gunmen amid rising ethnic and sectarian violence in Karachi? —Philip Montoro
• Roger Ebert's story "The Thinking Molecules of Titan"? —Kate Schmidt
• That there's an iPhone app to track down Girl Scout cookies? —Aimee Levitt
• That scandal week continues in college sports? Rutgers fired its basketball coach and athletic director after video showed players being abused, while Auburn is facing allegations that football players were paid, had grades fixed, and regularly used synthetic marijuana. —Mick Dumke
• About Don King in the depressing "twilight" of his career? —Tal Rosenberg