- John Amis/AP
- Gucci Mane: Brrr!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the Wrigley deal is done? (Coming soon: a 6,000-foot video scoreboard, weekend street fairs, and a more efficient system of restrooms—just kidding about the last one.) —Kevin Warwick
• That a group in Kansas has put a bill before the state legislature that would ban sustainability? —Tony Adler
• That Mitch McConnell refuses to even sit in the same room as Harry Reid? —Mick Dumke
• That children from poor families hear millions fewer words at home in their first three years? —Steve Bogira
• About American bullfighter Patricia McCormick, who was gored six times over the years, now dead at age 83? —Kate Schmidt
• This personal essay on balancing creative ambition and financial security? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Sotheby's plans to auction off the most expensive book in the world in November? —Aimee Levitt
• That Gucci Mane is back in jail only one day after being released from jail? Brrr!!! —Luca Cimarusti
• What Justin Bieber wrote in the guest book of the Anne Frank House: "Hopefully Anne Frank would've been a belieber"? (Joyce Carol Oates in response to Daniel Mendelsohn tweeting it out: "Wanted to think you'd made this up, dear Daniel, but the blind bad taste is so astounding, it's beyond us to invent.") —Tal Rosenberg