Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
Of course, you need to do a little work to get your hands on this primo prize. To enter, answer the following rap-related film trivia questions, which I made with the help of Reader film critic Drew Hunt. Just send your answers to email@example.com (not my e-mail) by Thursday at 10 AM along with your T-shirt size; the winner will be notified early Thursday afternoon. Without further ado, here are the questions:
• What was the name of T.I.'s character in ATL?
• Mos Def played a character named Big Blak Afrika in what Spike Lee film?
• What film did Fred Durst direct that stars Ice Cube?
• Kanye West's "Power" is used in a trailer for what Oscar-nominated 2010 film?
• What 2007 picture stars RZA, Common, and T.I., and has a soundtrack by Jay-Z?
• Ludacris has acted in two films that have won Academy Awards—what are they?
• Name three rappers who voice characters in Ice Age: Continental Drift.
• Jeriko One is a fictional rapper who plays a key role in what Kathryn Bigelow dystopian sci-fi film?
Good luck! For those of you who don't win you can still pick up $5 advance tickets to the showcase from the Double Door site—a portion of the proceeds benefit local hip-hop nonprofit Kuumba Lynx.