- Jane/Wikimedia Commons
- Los Angeles: Waving goodbye to smog?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the family of a slain Chicago police officer sued the Mississippi pawn shop that sold the gun used in the murder? —Mick Dumke
• Barbara Bush declaring that "we've had enough Bushes" in the presidency? —Sam Worley
• Republican lobbyist Ed Rogers scratching his head over why people hate George W. Bush? (He "sets a good example for my 11-year-old and 13-year-old kids. . . . Bush never called anyone a name.") —Kate Schmidt
• About Paul Ryan's totally insane, sexually aggressive, cyber-stalking intern facing five years in prison? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That Los Angeles intends to stop using coal-based power by 2015? —Mick Dumke
• About three newly discovered planets that could host life? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the linguistic evolution of the slash? —Julia Thiel
• About the love hetereosexual men between the ages of 28 and 38 still have for Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years? —Aimee Levitt