Sign up for our newsletters Subscribe
• Myron Freedman, owner of the venerable Lincolnwood steak house Myron & Phil's, died Thursday night, reports the Skokie Review. A half hour later a fire broke out in a storage room in the restaurant.
• At Chicago, Whet Moser responds to a bad argument put forth in Slate, arguing that Good Food Doesn't Have to Be Class Warfare.
• The mayor proposed nine additional food-truck parking spaces, which would bring the number to 30, reports the Trib.
• The Green City Market has moved outdoors and the Local Beet was there.
• Check out the promo video for Next's vegan menu, which went on sale this week and promptly sold out its first month: