- Gary Middendorf/Sun-Times Media
- John H. White, the man behind the camera, photographed in April, 2012.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• This photo essay on Pulitzer Prize winner John H. White, who was laid off yesterday along with the rest of the Sun-Times's photo staff? —Kate Schmidt
• The theory that Detroit can only be saved by demolishing large swaths of it? —Mick Dumke
• "Ancient Gay History," Frank Rich's beautiful, sad remembrance of an early mentor? —Sam Worley
• That Jockey is trying to revolutionize the bra-fitting system (though early adapters say their new system works about as well as the old standard one)? —Aimee Levitt
• About Pitchfork's new Chicago-based film site, the Dissolve? —Leor Galil
• Brian Phillips on Rafael Nadal's "Lost Weekend"? ("So let's say the Lost Weekend is the background to this year's French Open. The foreground is … but what should we call it? The Decisively Located Workweek? The Monday Morning Of This Is My PhD In Cartography, Motherf——-?") —Tal Rosenberg
• "19 Tweets From the Audubon Society/Barack Obama Twitter Feud"? —Sam Worley