- AP Photo/Evan Agostini
- How can one man have so much power?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Mayor Emanuel sounds prepared to seek property tax boosts to help close the Chicago Public Schools budget hole? —Steve Bogira
• About a study at UC-Berkeley that follows women who have been denied abortions? —Aimee Levitt
• That a new study has found that designated drivers are often drunk too? —Mick Dumke
• That Chicago's much-delayed bike share service has been postponed again? —Deanna Isaacs
• About Nobel-winning U. of C. economist and cliometrics pioneer Robert Fogel, who died yesterday? —John Dunlevy
• Silk Road Rising artistic director Jamil Khoury, ranting about Mary Zimmerman and her upcoming stage adaptation of The Jungle Book? —Tony Adler
• Quite possibly Bill Simmons's masterpiece: an impassioned and empirical study of San Antonio Spurs power forward Tim Duncan's greatness? —Tal Rosenberg
• The epic New York Times interview with Kanye West? (I also wrote a bit about this in my Wednesday hip-hop post.) —Leor Galil