- Psych USD
- Interrupting the party?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That after being dismissed as unnecessary because pregnancy after rape is "rare," a rape exemption has been added to a Republican-proposed nationwide ban on abortions after 20 weeks—but only in cases where the rape has been reported? —Kate Schmidt
• About the guy who went from fighting the Taliban to navigating gangs as a CPS principal? —Mick Dumke
• That journalist Michael Hastings died in a car crash yesterday at age 33? (Hastings's Rolling Stone story "The Runaway General," on Stanley McChrystal, ended the general's career.) —Tal Rosenberg
• That life as a bonobo is basically just one big freaky sex party? —Sam Worley
• This editor's letter by Robbie Myers of Elle about why women's magazines get no respect? —Aimee Levitt
New Slate music critic Carl Wilson's review of Yeezus? —Tal Rosenberg