- Courtesy Wikicommons
- Richard M. Daley has a new project, and maybe a new squeeze
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the proposed cut in food stamps, and the impact it would have? —Steve Bogira
• That the guy who brought us the parking meter deal is heading up a new company that'll help other cities find private investors for their infrastructure projects? —Deanna Isaacs
• That former Mayor Daley has another new project? (And, it seems, a new girlfriend.) —Mick Dumke
• About the sad state of the Russian film industry? —Drew Hunt
• About the actions to raise pay for fast-food industry workers? —Tony Adler
• About the macabre and troubled life of writer Shirley Jackson ("The Lottery," The Haunting of Hill House, We Have Always Lived in the Castle)?
• Author George Saunders's convocation speech at Syracuse University?
• About the Inca child mummy whose hair samples reveal high levels of alcohol and coca use during the year before she was sacrificed? —Andrea Bauer
• This theory about why college women are happy to act like drunken slobs? —Aimee Levitt
• That TLC will soon air a special called The Man With the 132-lb. Scrotum? —Gwynedd Stuart