- Marika davidovna/Wikimedia Commons
- Now for kids!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That AT&T collects $10 million a year from the CIA to hand over phone records, including those of Americans' international calls? —Mick Dumke
• About the recent discovery of the oldest fossil of two fucking insects? (Hard evidence that screwing hasn't changed much in 165 million years.) —Steve Bogira
• About the 50th anniversary of the New York Review of Books? —Tal Rosenberg
• This harrowing look at youth MMA leagues? —Drew Hunt
• This truly awesome college admissions essay? —Aimee Levitt
• This loving profile of 79th Street Video, a south-side video rental store that claims to have the city's largest collection of martial arts movies? —Ben Sachs
• That detective novelist P.D. James thinks she's solved a cold case from 1931? —Aimee Levitt
• About the meaning of New York City having a mayor who's a Red Sox fan? —Mick Dumke