- AP Photo/John Rous
- "Ich bin not doing so well in high school textbooks."
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the team of American Special Forces in Afghanistan who may have committed war crimes? —Tal Rosenberg
• That no one is quite sure what to do with the 55,000 vacant homes in Cook County? —Mick Dumke
• About the mysterious new surveillance system in Seattle? —Tony Adler
• That it's possible your dental crowns and retainers were made in an unregulated, filthy basement? —Mick Dumke
• That JFK has taken a beating in the nation's high school textbooks? —J.R. Jones
• About the rise and harsh fall of Blockbuster Video and why it passed on buying Netflix in 2000 for a measly $50 million? —Kevin Warwick
• The Nation's Dave Zirin on what was wrong with Jay Glazer's interview with Richie Incognito? —Tal Rosenberg
• That it's all Marc Trestman's fault? —Deanna Isaacs
• About why it's good for indie musicians to sell out? —Aimee Levitt
• That one of the members of Brooklyn-via-Iran indie band Yellow Dogs allegedly killed his bandmates and committed suicide after he was thrown out of the group? —Leor Galil