- AFP PHOTO/TIMOTHY A. CLARY
- New album!
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That an American who went missing in Iran seven years ago was apparently on an unauthorized mission for the CIA? —Mick Dumke
• That, as the government dithers, Ukraine protesters are rebuilding? —Deanna Isaacs
• About Internet traffic "repeatedly over several months" getting rerouted through Belarus and Iceland? —John Dunlevy
• About how you can have your ashes pressed into vinyl when you die? (Custom record sleeve extra.) —Aimee Levitt
• The story of how Tennessee Williams's The Glass Menagerie first got produced, as culled from the reminiscences of someone who was there? —Tony Adler
• Or see the hilarious trailer for Gary Shteyngart's forthcoming memoir? —Sam Worley
• That @Tweetsofgrass is now on her/his fifth cycle of tweeting the 1855 edition of Leaves of Grass, line by line? —Tony Adler
• About Ariel Rechtshaid, a prolific music producer (this year alone for Vampire Weekend, Sky Ferreira, HAIM, and Charli XCX) whose distinct and distinctly anonymous sound defines indie-pop music in 2013? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Beyonce released a massive "visual" album through iTunes last night? (It's got 14 tracks and an additional 17 music videos.) —Leor Galil
• How a T-shirt from an American bat mitzvah found its way to Nairobi? —Tony Adler