- YOSHIKAZU TSUNO/AFP/Getty Images
- East meets west.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the death of Internet neutrality? —John Dunlevy
• About how the landless poor get washed away? —Steve Bogira
• That as a result of West Virginia's chemical spill, access to water is a class issue? —Tony Adler
• About the latest right-wing Republican to question whether certain rapes are really crimes? —Mick Dumke
• The Guardian's consideration of the legacy of World War I? —Ben Sachs
• About how bodies of dead soldiers from World War I have been found preserved in glaciers in the Italian Alps? —Aimee Levitt
• About what happens when the president sits down five feet from you in a cafe and discusses, among other topics, social media with a group of millennials? —Kevin Warwick
• That Suntory, a Japanese liquor company, bought Jim Beam for $16 billion? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Kuma's Ghost Burger was named one of the "17 Most Influential Burgers of All Time" by Time magazine? —Gwynedd Stuart
• Jim DeRogatis wondering if people have finally started paying attention to R. Kelly's alleged sex crimes? —Tal Rosenberg