- AP Photo/Matt Sayles
- You brought me closer to angry tweets.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the House of Representatives has just replied to Obama's State of the Union address by passing a farm bill that cuts $8.6 billion in food stamps while increasing a cap on subsidies to farmers from $50,000 to $125,000? —Kate Schmidt
• That talking about your lack of sleep actually makes you more tired? —Brianna Wellen
• How buying a house at the age of 21 is actually not impossible? —Kevin Warwick
• Rolling Stone's latest tale of religious insanity, sex, and murder? —Aimee Levitt
• That English speakers lack the words to describe smells? —Aimee Levitt
• What Gawker voters deemed the Williamsburg (and Bushwick) of a whole bunch of cities (the Williamsburg of Portland is Portland, by the by)? —Kevin Warwick
• That the kickoff time might push the Super Bowl off the medals podium in the global audience numbers race? —Jessica Cohn
• Trent Reznor's "fuck you" tweet after his set was interrupted the Grammys? (And the corresponding apology from Grammys executive producer Ken Ehrlich)? —Lisa Schulz
• About the conflicting nature of Elliott Smith's new "EDM" songs? —Leor Galil
• That Willis Earl Beal dropped a new EP, A Place That Doesn't Exist? —Leor Galil