- Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images
- Yes, that's James Franco.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About single parenthood and poverty? —Steve Bogira
• About the state execution of Iranian poet and human-rights activist Hashem Shaabani? (He and another activist were hanged on Monday, January 27; as of the date of this report, 12 more were condemned.) —Tony Adler
• About the nonprofit journalism start-up that will focus on U.S. criminal justice? —Steve Bogira
• That a top NFL prospect has announced that he's gay—which would make him the first pro football player to be out publicly? —Mick Dumke
• That influential British cultural theorist Stuart Hall has died? —Ben Sachs
• This interview (in Interview) with composer Philip Glass? —Tal Rosenberg
• That James Franco plans to direct and star in an adaptation of The Disaster Artist, a book about the making of The Room? —Aimee Levitt
• That part of the ceiling at Logan Square venue Concord Music Hall collapsed during a show over the weekend, and the city is blaming it on the "vibrations from the music" (aka dubstep producer Datsik)? —Leor Galil
• About the opening of Dumb Starbucks, a new "gallery" in Los Angeles selling coffee "art"? —Jessica Cohn
• About the Danish zoo that fed a giraffe to the lions to keep it from breeding? —Deanna Isaacs