- AP Photo/Zacharie Scheurer
- Kanye West will return to Bonnaroo. Whether or not he will be wearing this coat is unclear.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the polar vortex is coming back? (Again.) —Gwynedd Stuart
• That Chicago is only the eighth most unequal city in the country when it comes to the gap between rich and poor? (I was surprised we didn't rank higher.) —Mara Shalhoup
• That Colorado is already raking in far more in marijuana taxes than anticipated, adding $100 million in spending to next year's budget? —Mick Dumke
• About the tidal wave of sentimentality at the kiss-and-cry Olympics? —Ben Sachs
• That suspense novelist James Patterson is giving $1 million to independent bookstores across America? —Tony Adler
• Why Netflix is streaming so slowly? —Gwynedd Stuart
• This interview with French actor and former acrobat Denis Lavant (Beau Travail, Holy Motors), where he describes his craft as "more like trance or shamanism than acting"? —Ben Sachs
• About the top-selling musicians from each state? —Leor Galil
• That men who use "whom" in online dating profiles get more contacts from opposite-sex respondents, regardless of whether they use it correctly? —Kevin Warwick
• That Kanye West is headlining Bonnaroo despite a less-than-pleasant experience in 2008? —Brianna Wellen