- Rob Hoffman/Invision for Parkwood Entertainment/AP
- Can we get a Beyonce emoji please?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That New York mayor Bill de Blasio, who calls charter schools a "destructive force," is trying to reverse the course taken by former mayor Michael Bloomberg, under whom they thrived? —Kate Schmidt
• Baltimore City Paper senior editor Baynard Woods's NYT op-ed questioning whether alt-weeklies are over? —Tal Rosenberg
• About one Indian man's quest to supply remote areas of the world with sanitary pads? —Julia Thiel
• About the Beastmasters, the people at BuzzFeed who compile lists of cute animals? —Aimee Levitt
• About the rise of zombie studies in universities? —Aimee Levitt
• That an unofficial emoji-based video for Beyonce's "Drunk In Love" dropped yesterday, and that it's so clever even B cosigns its brilliance? —Jessica Cohn