Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• This collection of incidents reported to police on Saint Patrick's Day in Wrigleyville? —Tony Adler
• About how Germany plans to memorialize the centenary of World War I (or not)? —Aimee Levitt
• That a "sore-loser law" in the Illinois Election Code could keep Chicago antiviolence activist Tio Hardiman from being a write-in candidate for governor? —Jake Malooley
• About BuzzFeed's decision to hire a film critic? ("We'll certainly look at how to utilize visually-driven formats with criticism-based stories, but simply adding GIFs to a review is not a goal here.") —Drew Hunt
• Russian opposition politician Alexey A. Navalny writing from house arrest on "How to Punish Putin"? —John Dunlevy
• About the Japanese-themed hotel and restaurant co-owned by Robert De Niro that is coming to the West Loop in 2016? —Brianna Wellen