- AFP PHOTO/KCNA VIA KNS
- What if you were forced to have this haircut? In North Korea, you might be.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the Lake Michigan oil spill from BP's refinery in Whiting, Indiana? —John Dunlevy
• About the "walking death" imposed by the long prison sentences handed out in the 1990s to street-level crack dealers? —Mick Dumke
• About the Alaskan state senator who wants to prevent fetal alcohol syndrome by putting pregnancy tests in bars? —Aimee Levitt
• That all North Korean men have to get Kim Jong-un's cool haircut? —Gwynedd Stuart
• This excerpt from Adam Begley's forthcoming biography about John Updike? —Drew Hunt
• About the two Danish brewers who are twin brothers who hate each other? (With a cameo from Three Floyds.) —Aimee Levitt
• About the Mariano's that just opened in West Town that sells wild game meat? —Tal Rosenberg