- Sun-Times Media
- Players only love you when they're playing . . . for a lot of money.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Chicago is considering suspending its Sister City agreement with Moscow until Russia withdraws its troops from Crimea? —John Dunlevy
• About the Japanese man who was freed after 45 years on death row? —Ben Sachs
• That the Chicago district of the National Labor Relations Board ruled that the players on Mick Dumke's own Northwestern Wildcats football team qualify as employees of the school and have the right to unionize? —Drew Hunt
• About the downfall of the "bad boy male feminist" Hugo Schwyzer? —Aimee Levitt
• About when bowling was a life-or-death sport? ("If [Iggy Russo] won, his financial backer would kill him; if he missed the spare, the 'unsavory characters' would. Instead, he avoided the entire predicament by faking a heart attack.") —Brianna Wellen
• That Fleetwood Mac are touring with keyboardist and singer Christine McVie for the first time in 16 years? —Tal Rosenberg
• That you've got until Saturday to attend the clown convention in Northbrook? —Tony Adler
• Bill Simmons's choices for the Action Hero Championship Belt? —Tal Rosenberg