- Al Podgorski/Chicago Sun-Times
- Yep, it's that bad.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the United States Supreme Court has expanded on the Citizens United decision, throwing out limits on certain kinds of campaign contributions? —Tony Adler
• That ExxonMobil has finally acknowledged the existence of climate change, sort of? —Ben Sachs
• That Guinea has banned the consumption of bats, rats, and monkeys in an effort to halt the spread of the ebola virus? —Ben Sachs
• That this season's latest rash of potholes has set a record in damage claims? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the death of William Henry Harrison? —Aimee Levitt
• That Lydia Davis's new book, Can't and Won't, leaves Dwight Garner feeling a bit empty? —Steve Bogira
• About the college basketball team that endured a 40-game losing streak? —Mick Dumke
• That at least three books in Harvard's libraries are bound in human skin? —Aimee Levitt