- AP Photo/Volker Wiciok
- Shout it out loud.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Walmart will be selling discount organic foods? —Steve Bogira
• Tribune op-ed columnist Steve Chapman scratching his head at the Democratic Party's failure to seize on marijuana legalization as a rallying cry? —Kate Schmidt
• How rich people have ruined London? (This just proves that complaints about gentrification are universal.) —Aimee Levitt
• That south-side rapper Blood Money—an Interscope signee and member of Glory Boyz Entertainment, which is run by his cousin and sometimes collaborator Chief Keef—was shot and killed last night? —Leor Galil
• That Stephen Colbert will take over for David Letterman as host of the Late Show? —Brianna Wellen
• Chuck Klosterman's "Definitive, One-Size-Fits-All, Accept-No-Substitutes, Massively Comprehensive Guide to the Life and Times of Kiss"? —Tal Rosenberg
• About Tom Lehrer, the great musical satirist who dropped out of the public eye decades ago and doesn't seem to give a good-natured damn about his legacy? —Tony Adler
• About the Canadian dentist who plans to raise a clone of John Lennon as his son? —Brianna Wellen
• That Rolling Stone sorta messed up by having John Hancock sign Julia Louis-Dreyfus's butt? —Gwynedd Stuart