- Kevin Mazur/Getty Images
- For those about to rock, we salute you.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• Philip Gourevitch on the genocide in Rwanda 20 years ago? ("At no other time in the history of our species were so many of us killed so fast or so intimately: roughly a million people in a hundred days, most of them butchered by hand, by their neighbors.") —Steve Bogira
• That nobody's making money in the hyperlocal news business? —John Dunlevy
• That ex-cons in one Brazilian crime syndicate can "borrow" submachine guns and grenades on 30-day loans from a "gun library"? (Note: grenades are fairly difficult to return.) —Osita Nwanevu
• That none of the people killed in an allegedly anti-Semitic rampage was Jewish? —Tony Adler
• About the antitech crimes involving Google Glass? —Lisa Schulz
• About AC/DC's impending retirement? —Luca Cimarusti
• About Joakim Noah's reaction last night after being told it was snowing? —Kevin Warwick
• That an OutKast superfan left the rap duo's Coachella reunion set this weekend a bit underwhelmed? —Jessica Cohn